Part Number: 1025
Ford Harmonic Balancer Holder
- Holds Harmonic Balancer in place when removing or installing center bolt of Ford Taurus Pulley Extension
- Tool can be used to turn the engine to gain access to the torque converter bolts and hold the engine stationary while loosening and tightening them
- Tool provides easy method to hold crankshaft while loosening and tightening harmonic balancer retaining bolt
- Harmonic balancer removal is necessary to replace front engine seal, replace timing chains, and remove engine heads
- On 96-05 Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable this tool makes removing and replacing the serpentine belt extension pulley much easier. It provides a good method of holding the engine when removing the extension pulley.
- For 2.5L, 3.0L V6 Duratec & 3.5L EcoBoost engine from mid '90's to '16, including:
- Ford F-150
- Ford Contour
- Ford Taurus
- Jaguar S-Type
- Lincoln LS
- Mercury Sable
- Mercury Cougar
- Mercury Mystique
- Mazda Tribute
- 5/16" thick steel base welded to three 3/4" prongs
- OAL: 4.45"
- OAH: 1.25"
- Pin(s) Height from base: .95"
- Use with 1/2" square drive tools
- Can use 8mm x 1.25 bolt to hold tool to balancer for some applications
- Won't warp balancer
- No need to lock flywheel!
|Make ||Model ||Engine ||Year |
|Ford ||F-150 ||3.5L ||2013-2016 |
|Ford ||Contour ||2.5L ||1994-2000 |
|Ford ||Taurus ||2.5L ||1992-2007 |
|Jaguar ||S-Type ||2.5L & 3.0L ||2000-2008 |
|Lincoln ||LS ||3.0L ||2000-2006 |
|Mercury ||Sable ||3.0L ||1992-2005 |
|Mercury ||Couger ||2.5L ||1999-2002 |
|Mercury ||Mystique ||2.5L ||1994-2000 |
|Mazda ||Tribute ||3.0L ||2001-2011 |
1. To remove center bolt, align tool with balancer between the three
fingers on holding tool
2. Hold with breaker bar
3. Turn to remove center bolt
4. Repeat above instructions in reverse to install center bolt