Part Number: 3440
Fuel Injection Tester - Ford
- Test vehicles with Multi-port and TBI systems
- Features 3-1/2" (90mm) gauge with dual calibration (5-145 PSI / 25-1,000 kPa) and 3 hose assemblies
- MADE IN USA
- Review pre-test information. (Below)
- For systems with a Schrader valve connection on fuel rail-connect the Schrader valve hose connector to the gauge assembly, and attach to the fuel rail. Hand tighten only.
- If there is no Schrader valve, disabled the fuel pump by disconnecting the inertia switch located in the trunk or left quarter panel.
- Disconnect the fuel line, using a rag around the connections to avoid spilling fuel. Insert the correct adapter in line and attach to test gauge assembly.
- Re-activate the fuel pump, start engine and observe pressure.
IMPORTANT PRE-TEST INFORMATION
- Check a reliable shop manual or the vehicles manufacture for proper test procedures, access points, and pressure specs.
- Wear safety goggles when working on fuel systems.
- Keep clothing and tools away from moving or hot engine parts.
- Wrap a rag around fittings when connecting or disconnecting to prevent fuel spills.
- Provide proper ventilation for gasoline fumes.
- Make sure battery is fully charged.
- Smoke, or work near sparks or open flames when working on fuel systems.
- Allow fuel to spill on hot engines. If a leak or spill develops, turn off ignition, disable fuel pump and clean up spill immediately.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov