Part Number: 4038
Rebound Spring Strut Tool
- This kit allows the piston to be held in the extended position while replacing the internal rebound spring shock absorber
- Kit includes Telescopic Puller, Puller Base Plate, Puller Handle, Piston Shaft Clamp with Nylon Jaws, 34mm & 59mm Piston Clamp Bolt Sets, 6mm Hex Key
- Applications include BMW, Ford, Fiat, Mercedes, Nissan, Toyota
- Packed in blow mold case with instructions
- Place Piston Shaft Clamp over piston shaft and rest on shock absorber body, without tightening bolts.
- Assemble Telescopic Puller with Base Plate & Handle and position over shock absorber piston shaft, resting on the Piston Shaft Clamp.
- Screw original shock absorber nut onto piston thread, tightening by hand. Add washers as spacers, as needed.
- Turn Puller Handle clockwise to extend shock absorber piston.
- When fully extended, tighten bolts in Piston Shaft Clamp.
- Remove Puller assembly, then assemble spring and upper mounting according to manufacturerG«÷s instructions.
- Remove Piston Shaft Clamp after strut is assembled.